Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween and settling into fall






Halloween came and went and wasn't very eventful for us. We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner and the Pacers home opener on Friday (they lost) and then stopped by Nikki's house for her birthday/Halloween party. Saturday the boys were with Eric so we ended up passing out a minimal amount of candy (we had less than 50 trick or treaters!) and then had pizza and lounged around. Note: Please note my name on the ticket in the picture below - although they do that for everyone, for some reason I am quite proud...

It's crazy that we're in the midst of fall and it feels like spring! Thanksgiving (a tie for my favorite holiday) is right around the corner. Lucas, Ross and I are running the Drumstick Dash in the morning, then we're having lunch with my mom's side of the family. Friday we're going out with the girls and their SOs. Should be lots of fun!

I've been doing a lot of baking lately. Some recipes have worked out really well, others haven't. Can't wait to try some pumpkin scones this week and am sending a care package to my great friend Alison in HI who just had a baby!

We're down one person at work so it has been extra busy the past month or so. Can't wait to get a small break! Before I look too far ahead, I have to worry about a couple of papers and the end of the fall semester...

 

No comments: